Why are they hiding??

It’s always fun to get a surprise phone call from new friends with quilts to share. And it’s a bonus when a new Rotarian friend turns out to be a quilter. 

I recently drove to Brevard, NC, to meet the ladies of “Western North Carolina Quilt Guild, Area C” and was presented with a wonderful pile of quilts, with husband always happy to snap a photo.




When I got home and saw the picture I laughed….why are many of the quilters all hiding behind their quilts?  And then I started thinking about the generosity and “self-less-ness” of quilters.  It’s not about them…it’s about sharing the quilts. They spend their time, talents and resources to create works of art for recipients whom they will probably never meet.  They don’t ask for recognition…..they give, and ask nothing in return.  

 

I’m still smiling when I look at the photo….💞

~Ann



Comments