Firsts!

Ready! Set! GO!  

Why firsts?  

I, Paige, am posting my first blog post ever.  And I had a delightful weekend in Maine on my first official trip as Wrap a Smile’s Northeast coordinator.  Not only did I get to meet three of the hundreds of quilters that contribute to WAS, I picked up 31 colorful quilts and felt a sense of joy as “normal” peaked her head out and smiled! 

Promising my husband we’d seek out some yummy dinners along the way, we headed to Unity, Maine and met Ellen S., a member of the Liberated Yo-Yos, the Bar Harbor guild. She drove down with her husband to bring me 17 lovely quilts.  The guys talked lobstering and we chatted about sewing and reconstructing family heirloom quilts.  

Ellen and I with quilts by the Liberated Yo-Yos

Meandering our way East, we ended up in Boothbay Harbor and met with Colleen G. and I got a tour of her sewing room.  (And my husband was able to see that long arm quilting machines do fit in craft rooms!)  Kwitlz 4 Kids sewed 10 fabulous quilts for WAS and Colleen told us all about what their group has been doing during the pandemic to spread sewn love.  


Colleen and I sharing a laugh. 

On our last day, we met Jean H. in Wiscasset and collected four bright quilts that she and a friend made.  We hope that soon they will be in the arms of kids who will receive treatment from Rotaplast.   Wrap A Smile isn’t ready for more quilts quite yet, but rest assured, we will let you know when we get the green light from Rotaplast.   Meanwhile, we thank each and everyone of you for every stitch you’ve ever taken for a Wrap A Smile. 

Jean and I at the parking lot handoff!
















Comments

  1. What a gorgeous group of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see things may be moving forward. Of course the missions may still be months away, but it doesn't hurt to have a stockpile ready for when they are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Paige! This makes me so happy to read about our WAS network staying connected and hopeful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.