Triple the fun!

 I know I have written previously about how much I enjoy going to the dentist.  (OK, disclaimer, it's my former office with the same terrific staff of "forever friends".)  It's always wonderful, but nostalgic, to see this group of true professionals who work hard every day to serve their patients.  Anyhow, not only did I enjoy careful and safe care last week, in these COVID times, but I left with a bag full of quilts!

Former dental assistant Sandy made this fun pink beauty with the appliquéd elephants, and her triplet sisters Diane and Fran made the others.  All 3 sisters obviously have great attention to detail.  Note the tiny little cornerstones in some of the quilts!!  

Thank you, Sandy

Thank you, Fran


Thanks to Diane, including the 1/2" (!) roses

Another from Diane

Diane's own pattern

And lastly, thank you again, Fran (with more tiny cornerstones!)

It must be so much fun to have sewing sisters.  I remember a summer of sewing with my mother and grandmother, getting me outfitted to go off to college.  Remember those days, when we made our own clothes??  My mother even made my coat!! 

I'm looking forward to the day when we can again safely congregate in groups.  Until then, thank you to all who continue to sew at home, increasing our inventory of quilts for Wrap-A-Smile.  There will be a backlog of children waiting for their reconstructive surgeries, and we want to make sure that each and every one of them will be comforted with a quilt when their special day arrives.

Take care everyone, and keep wearing those masks!








Comments

  1. What a wonderful batch of quilts! The fussy-cut rose cornerstones are amazing. Many thanks to Sandy, Fran and Diane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink elephants quilt is pictured with the patient it went to in Colombia, at the Rotaplast blog! Very cool! Thanks to the 3 sisters for their contributions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.