A chance encounter ~

It was cold and snowy in Maine and I was needing a fabric fix so I headed off to Maine-ly Sewing in Nobleboro.  My friend Marjorie who owns Maine-ly Sewing is always good for conversation and I wanted to check out her new inventory.  An unexpected surprise for me was meeting her friend Debbie who sews many of the display quilts which so richly decorate her shop.  As the conversation bounced from one thing to another, Wrap-A-Smile was mentioned, and Debbie announced that she had a stockpile of the display quilts at her house....and would love to share them with me! Oh, and as she comes to Boothbay Harbor frequently, "where could she drop them off"?

Her first delivery was today, and these two very fun quilts were included in the bag.  Knowing that these colorful and cheery quilts will comfort two of our little cleft patients certainly made my day brighter.  Who knew that "needing a fabric fix" would lead to another connection in our amazing network.  Thank you to Debbie, and Marjorie, and all our quilters and gatherers who keep this project going.
Pieced by Debbie S and quilted by Maine-ly Sewing, Nobleboro, ME

Pieced by Debbie S and quilted by Maine-ly Sewing, Nobleboro, ME

Comments

  1. Wow! Those are beautiful quilts! Many thanks to Debbie for donating them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.