I was set up!



I had the pleasure of speaking to the Rotary Club of Westford MA on September 13, accompanied by my husband Steve who was a member of that club 17 years ago.  We had lived in Westford for 20 years, with current Rotarian Patti M being a former neighbor.  Their Rotary district has never participated in a Rotaplast mission and only knew about Wrap-A-Smile through the grapevine.  So I knew I was starting with a clean slate and was excited to tell the group, including several guests, about both the surgical missions and the quilts.  I had quilts for show and tell and they appeared enthralled by the pictures in my Keynote presentation.



As I was concluding, Patti walked up to thank me and announced that they had a surprise for me. At that moment a drape was pulled off the pile of 40 (!) hand-made quilts that they were donating to WAS. I was flabbergasted.  Quilts had been made by members of 2 guilds and by quilters at their senior center.  Some of the guests in the room turned out to be the quilters - quite a happy event! I think they had as much fun with the surprise as they did gathering the quilts for us. 



Even more exciting is the Westford Rotary Club’s commitment to an ongoing partnership with the Rotary Club of Boothbay Harbor Maine. Westford’s Rotarians will continue to spread the story of Wrap-A-Smile in their community and will be a gathering point for quilts. My heart continues to be warmed by the generosity of the quilting community.  Thank you Westford!


Comments

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.