It takes a group

Wrap-A-Smile quilts come from so many different sources.  Some quilters create from the peace and quiet of their own homes.  Some join guilds to learn from each other and share new techniques.  And some guilds develop subgroups who have a particular interest in charity quilting.

Last week I had the pleasure of having lunch with President Linda and VP Jan of the Monadnock NH Guild.  My "dessert" came in the form of four bulging bags of quilts contributed by the "cozy cover" group within their guild.  This group of 8-10 meets monthly, often with a block of the month theme.  They put together the tops which are then turned into finished quilts by another 3-4 volunteer quilters.

When a quilt is created by this group effort it receives this special label, framed in fabric.   Special indeed!




I continue to find group collaboration to be one of the most rewarding aspects of charity quilting.  Thank you Monadnock for sharing your joy and generosity with others.

And now I'll share my "dessert" with you:







   


                   
       




                      




Comments

  1. I just love seeing the hands and feet of the person holding each quilt, somehow that is very sweet to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Mr. Wrap-A-Smile. He is kind of a "show off"... :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Beautiful group quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super group! And I mean both the quilts and the quilters. Many thanks to the Monadnock Cozy Coverers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.